Bearcat Spotlight

Categories: Spotlight, Uncategorized

Alexa Eger

Volleyball – #7 – Setter – Kelowna, BC

Program: Caregiving and Counselling

Year: 1

What does being a Bearcat mean to you?

Being a Bearcat has meant being a part of not just a team, but a family! The Bearcats have also taught me what it means to work your hardest physically and mentally. I have LOVED being a Bearcat and having a massive support system on and off the court.

What are your plans after CBC?

As of right not I have lots of options up in the air, but I am confident for what the future will bring and the decisions I will make. Whether that means being back at CBC for another year or going a different direction.

What is your funniest memory from being a Bearcat?

The most recent memory I have is from a couple of weeks ago when we went to the island. We had to get lunch before our game, so we decided to go to Red Robins. Becky was confident and in charge of getting us there and led the way. We were walking in a neighbourhood and Becky said we were almost there and said it was the next street on the left. The street was called Robin’s Street. Becca and I looked at each other and knew something wasn’t right so I looked up Red Robins Restaurant on my phone and the closest restaurant was a 21 day walk away. Long story short, make sure to double and triple check when Becky is in charge of directions.

Mark Goertzen

Volleyball – #3 – Outside Hitter – Richmond, BC

Program: General Studies

Year: 1

What does being a Bearcat mean to you?

It means commitment to the team and the sport and representing our school on and off the court.

What are your plans after CBC?

I am hoping to pursue nursing at UFV after CBC. However, I might do a bit of work and travelling first.

Getting hit in the face by a ball during a rally at Capilano was pretty great.