MBB Coaching Transition; Boulton to Adrian

Categories: Uncategorized

After 3 seasons with the Bearcats Men’s Basketball Team at Columbia Bible College, Matthew Boulton has announced his resignation as Head Coach, which took effect April 30th. During his time with the Bearcat squad, Boulton brought a fresh and extremely competitive perspective and coaching style to a team that had struggled for many years. From his years as a player at Carleton University, and Assistant Coach at UBC, UVIC, and TWU Boulton also brought a passion for the game of basketball that was clear in the way that he dedicated himself to leading this team. While the team did not experience the on court success that they wanted to in the form of wins, the team did experience a shift in culture, a shift that expected commitment and hard work. Because of his leadership, Bearcats Men’s Basketball has begun to earn the respect of other teams and interest from athletes wanting to now attend Columbia.

Reflecting on his experience, Coach Boulton had this to say: “Coaching in the PACWEST was a great joy, and to be able to do it at Columbia Bible College was such a fulfilling experience for me.  I am greatly humbled by the support of the college, athletic department, students, staff, alumni and community. CBC is truly a remarkable place.  I am grateful for having the chance to collaborate on the culture of Bearcat’s athletics and to help bring a competitive spirit back to the program.  Most of all I am thankful and grateful for the connections I made and lives I was able to share in during my 3 season and I know God has blessed the program with a great new coach to take over! I wish the athletics department every great success and to all CBC staff, faculty and students, enjoy your time at such a special institution. We Are Bearcats!”

Bearcat Athletics is very thankful for all the time, energy, and knowledge that Coach Boulton gave to the program and the guys on the teams. We wish Coach Boulton all the best as he continues on in his career and spends more time with his wife and kids.

With that, the Bearcats are tremendously excited to welcome back Rod Adrian to the College, the Bearcat program, and the MBB team as Head Coach moving forward!

Coach Adrian brings with him a wealth of knowledge and coaching experience. He desires to develop confidence and freedom through effective training, accountability and trust, instill belief in one another through an open atmosphere, focusing on creating an efficient and productive environment. All this to empower teamwork and high performance.

As he prepares to enter this role, Adrian had this to say: “I am thrilled to once again join the coaching staff at Columbia Bible College. Since getting my coaching start at CBC in the ’92-’93 season I’ve had the privilege to coach at many different levels with my most recent collegiate coaching role at Briercrest College & Seminary. Leading that team to an overall record of 38 wins – 25 losses provided me with some great experiences, which I am hoping to duplicate in this role. As the Executive Pastor at Central Heights Church I also hope to bring consistent leadership development and create a team that honours God.”